Friday, July 15, 2005

Programming Frustrations

Okay so some of you reading this know that I spend my days as a mild-mannered programmer. Well..... I am not so mild mannered anymore.

Why you ask? Well because I can't get things to work! It is so infuriating. I am trying to move lots of data like as much as a few million database rows from one database to another.

I have found what technology tools work best, figured out where most of my problems lie, however, I keep forgetting to turn off the power saving settings for my laptop so I can see how long it will take for a really large set of data. So I started the transfer and left my machine for about an hour, came back and my laptop was in stand-by.

Why you ask? Because, while my laptop was plugged in, I didn't turn off the power saver features, so I have to do this all over again.

This is so frustrating! GRRRRRRRR!

Okay I feel better now!

Branden

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home